I'll tell it to be gone!
And I'm sure it will leave.
I suppose that's the problem with all of this talk,
of knowing what to say and when to say it.
I always end up wrong I always leave you crying.
I'm tired of it now.
I think I've had my share.
Could you let me rest awhile?
Just a little while.
I keep tripping over my own feet.
I keep biting my own tongue trying not to speak.
I keep calling out your name, screaming for your mercy
and my cries just echo through these dimly lit streets.
My vision is blocked I can't see you anymore.
Now fear is dwelling in my tears, they fall with hesitation
because I was told you were good and your plan was the best.
But the evidence is yet to come.
My heart is doubtful I refuse to believe.
I only saw hurt.
I only saw evil plots of death.
Show me the goodness they speak, the beauty they see.
Could you let me rest awhile, just a little while?
I keep tripping over my own feet.
biting my own tongue trying not to speak.
I keep calling out your name.
Screaming for your mercy.
My cries just echo through these dimly lit streets.
-Jonlyn L.
No comments:
Post a Comment