I walked out of the room, Shut the door behind me and knew that my mom would sleep well through the night- and most likely come home tomorrow.
As soon as the door shut I heard crying. Looked up and about a foot away from me was a small group of family and friends that did not share that same peaceful feeling. The two women were holding each other- One of them seamed to have just found out. There was an older couple leaning against the wall- both with tears in their eyes.
I pulled John Thomas towards me and we walked by-
People are in pain... Everywhere you turn in this place.
and after the past few days... I feel sick to my stomach about it. Sick and Grateful.
No chilling winds or poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore
Sickness sorrow pain and death
Are felt and feared no more.
Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment