Thursday, March 24, 2005

CRAP!

I did it again!

Why can't I get it straight?

Just one time.

Oh, and this was the one time.

The one time that every thing is perfect.

Perfect,well, up until its your turn to respond.

Respond, to what they just gave you.

And you are.

Your heart is beating so hard, you wonder if it will stay in.

Breathing has become suddenly foreign.

And talking is not an option, you can't even find enough breath to conjure up a sound.

You know what you should say.

Say the only thing that fits this perfection so well.

To well.

It feels as if you've said it.

So, you shrug your shoulders and smile.

You did say it.

Didn't you?

No.

You did feel it.

Didn't you?

Yes.

Then you realize you have not said a word.

So, out of utter desperation you grasp and pull searching for words.

Oh, but words are so useless.

Then you pick the two most insufficient of them all.

There they go out of your silly little mouth...

"Thank You"

Crap!

I did it again!

Why can't I get it straight?

Please?

Just one time?

-Jonlyn (the frustrated enthusiast)

No comments: