W.V. rain.... I have always liked it.
Something very refreshing and restful about it. Although I don't have my wonderful tin roof to hear it on... Have I told you that story? I have always wanted a tin roof.always. And now I have one! This happened awhile ago now.. but im still very happy about it. The only part of our roof that has tin on it is right outside my window.... I love falling asleep to the sound of the rain falling on it....
But Im not home to enjoy it- im in lovely W.V.
I do like it here... But I already miss my home. I always do when Im away. I miss my dog Belle.. and my porch that has a wonderful swing... complete with screen door that our cat Mia has learned how to open. I miss my garden which desperately needs my attention. It is such a wonderful thing to walk out of that door.. go down to the garden feed my goldfish.. see what new things are popping up out of the ground. See my parents sitting on the swing together~ Look at Jonlyn's garden and wish that mine had as few weeds as hers. After that Belle is usually begging me to come and play with her. So we run around for a bit. by this time Jt has scared me in some way.. With one of his fake bugs or snakes.. Or the occasional live one. I love it there..
I love coming back to it.
I love that moment when we pull in the drive and there is my beautiful yellow farm house- My home- My comfort zone.... And here comes Gentile wagging her tail (or lack there of) with such excitement that her whole body is moving side to side. Followed by Belles jealous howls because Gentile gets us first. Then checking on everything... Seeing the things that have changed- and the things that never do. Its a wonderful wonderful feeling... so many things to love all at once in those first few moments.
hmmm... I so look forward to it after these trips of ours!
Also in those moments and on the drive home.. and my whole trip, I am counting the days to when I will see you!
So wrapped up in all the excitement of coming home- is you right in the middle..
yes.. Saturday will be a most delightful day~
Jenn*
No comments:
Post a Comment