Tuesday, January 11, 2005

They have arrived safe.

I took a deep breath- and felt my heart relax a little.. leading up to the hug goodbye and all the seconds after, it has been holding tight.

I was sitting there.. the only one awake- I could see the tail lights in the mirror across the room.
I could hear atleast 3 clocks ticking.. the sound of time and change pounding in my ears.
4:30 rolled arround. I knocked on the door and we were of long before the sun was up.

The drive home was long.. towards the end i pulled out a random CD in the dark.
hmm... why did it have to be that one? Still hard to hear those songs.
It was nice to remember what life was like when those songs were playing.
So in the end I was smiling a painful smile... But not a single tear-
I pulled into work at 7:35 monday morning... apologized for being 5 min. late... and smiled.
and the day went on from there.

Tonight I saw all of my strange and wonderful friends. They make you look so normal. They make you such a comfort. I did miss them though. Not as much as i will miss you now that things are back to being crazy. I will see even less of all of you this semester.
I just realized how tired I am
Ok... goodnight for now.
Jenn

No comments: